Search This Blog

Monday, August 15, 2011

Two More August Writing Contests

Note to my readers: In order to keep up with my blogging schedule as I return now to the classroom, I'm going to be posting only on Mondays. There may periodically be additional posts, but at least you can count on me for Mondays. Thank you!

Here are a couple of more writing contests for August that I thought sounded promising:

Screenwriting
Writer’s Digest is offering a 12-week mentoring program for runners up of this prestigious contest: The Industry Insider Screenwriting Contest.

Page limit: 15 pages
Deadline: August 31, 2011


Fiction
Fiction International is rewarding the winner of this contest with $1,000.00 Prize!

Word limit: 2000
Theme: Blackness
Deadline: August 31, 2011


Think Ahead! Here’s one for September!

Fiction
Good Housekeeping is giving a $3,000.00 cash award to the grand prize winner!

Universal Theme: Women – any aspect of women’s lives today.
Deadline: September 1, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment